07 Jun How To Win Social Media Backlinks Instantly
How To Win Social Media Backlinks Instantly
Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram are all excellent platforms for humanizing your brand and engaging with both your followers and other businesses.
Are you trying to figure out how to make the most of your network as part of a link-building strategy to earn backlinks?
In this article, we will go over six effective ways to increase your social media backlinks by leveraging your social media presence.
1. Connect with Other Bloggers and Brands
Connecting with other websites in your niche is one of the simplest and most effective ways to gain more social media backlinks.
When you interact with other brands and bloggers on social media, they love it. This interaction may lead to opportunities for social media link building, such as guest posts, content mentions, and exchanges.
Here’s how to get in touch with bloggers and brands:
- Make a list of the most influential bloggers and websites in your field. You may want to stay away from direct competitors now, but there are plenty of opportunities that complement your own product or service. If you offer search engine optimization services, for example, you can look for website developers or marketing blogs.
- Add or follow the bloggers and websites you’ve chosen.
- Make an effort to engage with them. Leave comments on their posts, retweet their content, and like their photos on a regular basis.
- After a while, you should notice that some of the bloggers or websites are responding to your content and liking it.
- At this point, you can send them a direct message and discuss potential link-building opportunities.
You can reach out to bloggers or websites through social media, but email is also a viable option. To increase your chances of a positive response, make your communication as personalized as possible.
This strategy requires patience, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t get many responses at first. Take a tailored approach, and your efforts will undoubtedly pay off.
2. Contact journalists and opinion leaders
When it comes to link-building strategies, the majority of people contact journalists and influencers via “cold email or DMs” to earn backlinks. This usually entails sending emails to people you’ve never met or interacted with before.
While this method does work, you will be much more successful if you first establish a relationship or point of contact.
Social media is the best way to do this, with platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn being particularly useful.
The goal is to establish a relationship with journalists and industry influencers in your niche.
Journalists are frequently on the lookout for stories, opinions, or contributions to topics they’re covering. You’ll usually get mentioned in their article as a quote with a link back to your website if you can provide them with useful input or commentary.
Here’s how to get in touch with reporters and influencers:
- Make a list of journalists and influencers in your industry, as well as those who have previously created content about it.
- The next step is to add or follow them on social media and monitor what they’re writing or posting about. If you come across an intriguing story, image, or tweet, make an effort to engage with it.
- Continue interacting with the journalists and influencers of your choosing, and you’ll get a sense of what they like to talk about and what topics they cover.
- At this point, you may begin to see ways in which your own expertise can be beneficial to them. Feel free to directly share your own thoughts or opinions, or to mention a story or piece of content you’re working on.
- Journalists and bloggers who like what you have to say may contact you for a quote or an opinion. You should expect a link back to your website if they use your suggestions.
This is a long-term strategy that cannot be pushed through. Journalists receive hundreds of pitches each week, so rather than pitching a quick story, it’s best to take your time and build a genuine relationship with them.
3. Use Hashtags on Twitter
Hashtags are used by everyone on Twitter as a means of communication. There are also many hashtags that can be used to build social media links and reach out to journalists.
#PRrequests, #journorequest, and #bloggerrequest are some of the most popular hashtags, and they’re typically used by reporters, brands, or bloggers seeking information.
You can contact the authors of tweets that contain these hashtags by filtering them out. You can usually expect a link in exchange for your efforts if you can provide them with useful information.
This strategy can also be used to establish long-term relationships with journalists who need information on a regular basis for their stories.
4. Participate in Blogger Forums to earn backlinks
On Twitter and Facebook, there are a plethora of niche-relevant blogger groups and hashtags that can be a gold mine for expanding your network.
You can quickly learn about their niche and determine whether they’re a good backlink source.
Joining blogger forums will help you expand your network and provide you with a list of people to test out strategy #1. (connecting with other brands and bloggers).
The only drawback to this strategy is that it takes time to find relevant groups because you have to search across multiple platforms. Nonetheless, this manual process is well worth the time and effort if you want to find valuable link-building opportunities.
5. Use Pinterest to your advantage to earn backlinks
Pinterest can help your brand grow in popularity if you’re in a niche that produces high-quality visual materials or infographics.
Pinterest will not only bring you referral traffic, but it will also provide you with natural backlinks. People love to share great images and infographics. Showcasing the best of your visual content on the platform makes sense.
You may also be featured in articles about the “best of Pinterest” (e.g. 15 Most-Pinned Healthy Dinner Recipes). If someone uses your photo without crediting you, contact them and ask them to include a link to the original.
6. Other platforms to consider include Quora and Reddit to earn backlinks
The majority of businesses use Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as their primary social media platforms. When it comes to developing social media link building strategies, companies frequently overlook platforms like Quora and Reddit to earn backlinks.
You can post links on these two platforms, and even though they are usually “nofollow,” you can still get referral traffic and natural content mentions.
Take Reddit for example: If you post an informative and engaging piece of content, it will most likely become popular, resulting in a large number of people seeing it. Journalists, bloggers, and news websites are among those who may link to your content if it is relevant to them.
In the end, posting on Quora and Reddit is quick and easy. It can also help you earn high-quality social media backlinks that will help you improve your SEO ranking.
There are numerous opportunities to use social media to build links. Some of these are long-term plans, such as expanding your journalist contact list.
If you’re a well-known brand or website, you’ve probably already built a sizable social media network that includes other brands and bloggers. Contact a few of them and discuss possible collaborations.
Is it possible for you to write a guest post for them? Have you created content that would be beneficial to their audience? When you’re on social media, ask yourself these questions.
To begin, social media is a tremendously valuable resource for expanding your network. As the strategies above show, once you have this network, there are a plethora of link-building opportunities to pursue.
Interested in staying up to date with the latest digital marketing trends & insights? We post biweekly, be sure not to miss out. Subscribe here.
Until next time, cheers!